Sunday 15 February 2015

A Week In Pictures


What a fun week it was. A lot's been happening, and here goes:

1. Who doesn't love milkshakes? Well people who are lactose intolerant, but I do. Especially this treat ar Smiths of Smithfields. This beauty is a Bourbon Biscuit & Cream milkshake and it tastes superb. They also have Strawberry, Chocolate, Banana & Banoffee, all £4. Smiths of Smithfields

2. Macarons! Someone once said they were the new cupcakes, but that person was probably mental. I recently went to Ganache Macaron, where I learnt how to conjure up these bites. These ones I made are sicilian lemon and I hopefully plan to do a post about how to make them soon, so watch out. Ganache Macaron

3. Is it just me or am I the only one who thinks its been fifty shades fever this week? I've personally never read the books but one of my favourite magazines, interviewed the two main stars this week. I've gotta admit I'm probably just going to see the film when they show in on Valentines Day in 2017, mainly because one of the lines is 'I'm fifty shades of fucked up'...really? Glamour Magazine

4. I received a satchel for Christmas last year and only used it for the first time yesterday. It's what I call an 'occasion bag', one that you only use for important things. I was going to get my initials stitched on it but then I was quick to realise if I ever get stalked, I'm an easy giveaway. Zatchels

5. BEAUTIFUL. Literally, this is the show I went to see. I've spoken (gone fan girl crazy) about this musical and it's star, Carole King, in this post, but this programme was from the show yesterday. Now showing at the Aldwych Theatre, Beautiful: The Carole King Musical

6. I'm not a dieter. I'm not up for detoxing or replacing bread for supplements. I'm simply cutting down. After a weigh in today, I've lost 6 pounds. This is the first week I've been taking the cut down seriously, so I was pretty pleased. All I've done is reduce portions, cut back on the gin, bit of exercise and amped up the dancing at Zumba. I'm also following the Fit Girls Guide, it's about £16 and is a 28 day programme of simple tips, exercise help and some recipes you can follow. It's not forceful but encouraging. Fit Girls Guide

3 comments

  1. The satchel looks so nice. I have been wanting one like that for a long time and that one is just how I want it :)

    -Sarah | http://sarahanne14.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a lovely week! waiting for the post on macaron making!
    following you on bloglovin' and twitter. hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute satchel :)

    PS: I am following you now

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by The Blog Store