Monday 13 April 2015

Love Your Face



I have a very frequent habit of critisizing my face. I run over the bump in my nose, try to conceal a beauty mark on my chin, mock my ridiculously thin eyebrows or try to pretend I don't have a 'chubby chin'.

Truth is...I really just don't care anymore. I'd had a habit of telling myself I wasn't up to standards of people and picking at the things that just don't matter. I wasn't prone to spots, but when I got one I might as well of stayed in and excluded myself from life. No way, no more.

Now I understand as women, we're raised to find our flaws and not consider ourselves too beautiful, because that would make us big headed right? Aren't we taught to bashfully say 'I'm really not' when someone say's you're pretty? Should I conform to standards and just go along with this? No I think I won't.

I do wear a lot of make up, but not too look my best for people. I look good for myself. I cannot count how many times I worried that my lipstick was too red or my eyebrows were barely there. I will overspend or not spend enough on make up, but if I can at least resemble Rita Hayworth, well...that's pretty okay with me.



I have bad days and good days. Days where my skin is so oily, I'm curious as to what the hell is going on under there. I also have these really good days where I think, damn if the tip of my eyeliner could kill. This is natural, and I've only just started accepting it. Pull at skin or tweeze things too much, there are more important things too do...like watching Game of Thrones.

I think it's time to start accepting things as they are and stop putting yourself down based on too much blusher, or foundation making you look pale. There should be higher priorities in life. Like your own happiness and enjoying cake, and dancing to Donna Summer more.

Love your face, the way it is.


Till The Next Time,
Ellie





1 comment

  1. Such a lovely uplifting post! I agree it's so great just to love your face and be okay with the imperfections. I try to remind myself that everyone gets spots and everyone has off days. :) x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by The Blog Store