Tuesday 10 March 2015

My View On: Drunk Texting



We've all been there right? Or going to be? Or maybe you are that lucky soul who leaves their phone in their bag and doesn't wake up the next day, wondering why you expressed your love for sandwiches on instagram.

I have been, am and will be a drunk text-er forever more. I'm not a bad drunk text-er, just a flirty one. I'm the type that reads the text back like, 'carpe dayum, who do I think I am? Beyonce?'. I'm also a drunk-texter who loves to text about how amazing chips are (cos they are) and how good brownies would be right now and also can I come over? my bed has disappeared and my door keys have melted into a pile of mecury.

We can all be different when it comes to texting. We are taught to leave our phones alone, we will only end up regretting it in the morning and obviously no good will come of this. We are taught that telling somebody you love them via text is just made up due to the fact vodka entered your system and you dance like there's no tomorrow. We are taught to drink responsibly because you could send your boss a drunk text saying how much you value them - which, in the first place why do you have your bosses number, and secondly, you don't value them - none of us do.

Live with the regrets and consequences the next day, we say as we down another drink. Make subtle hints to suggest where you are, what you're doing and who you're with to spur some kind of comment from the receiver of a text, a plan which we can all vouch for. Better yet text your best friend and tell them how much you love them, they don't hear it enough we think.

Then we get a little PG, if applicable. Some people when drunk go the extra mile and remove an item of clothing or two, and this, we are also taught, is how revenge pictures come into the equation. So you sent a picture of your chesticles when tipsy and you thought the person you sent it too would never share or show. Unfortunately, the only true downside to drunk texting is this. Being careful sounds extremely grown up and only grow up if you wish, but take precaution because god knows what men can do when spurned. However if you don't care, then feel free - I respect women who have the courage and love their bodies, it's yours and you do what you want with it.



When it comes down to it, my opinion is that there is no shame in sending a drunk text. I used to think it was completely sinful, that I would lose friends and that I was idiotic, but growing up I've realised there is no shame in expressing your love for someone or telling somebody how great they are. Tell them 5 times or 50 times, you had them in your mind for a reason, despite your mind being cloudy and perhaps judgement being slightly off, there is no shame.

Now this is just my opinion, so everybody is different. It would kill us all to be the same. The only advice I would give to my younger self is, Mcdonalds nuggets at 2am aren't that good, go to Subway instead'.

Till Next Time,

Ellie

2 comments

  1. I used to drunk text and call all the time.
    Usually my boyfriend to tell him of my nights events, then when we broke many many sad pathetic texts.
    I'm ashamed. Years on and I can say I do not drunk text anyone!

    Jenn from jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to that one jen! Drunken texts after break up is the worst kind of all, and the most soppy/blubbery! :-) ordinarilyquirky.blogspot.ie

      Delete

Blog Design by The Blog Store