Tuesday 7 July 2015

An Afternoon at Sketch

The first time I saw Sketch was on Made In Chelsea, being a reality TV junkie, I really wanted to go here for as long as possible.

Having just turned 21, this was a treat from my mum and seeing as we love an afternoon tea outing, I chose Sketch of all  places.

If the food isn't enough to gab about, the decor is insane. I literally thought I was about to go on a Disney ride as soon as I walked in. Tea is mainly served in the Gallery and its basically the most beautiful, quirky but insane use of a room.

It has big plush suede and leather sofas, chairs that look like sponge fingers and it literally is all pink! I'm not a pink fan, but this is a camp and outrageous bubblegum pink you can just about handle. It's a pretty dim light room, but to sum up, for me it was like being in a Wes Anderson movie. The walls are adorned with David Schrigley artwork and these are not your run of the mill prints. They are basically hand drawn prints in which I can imagine Schrigley sat down and just thought, 'what do I fancy drawing today?'





The tea itself is a treat, a frothy treat. There are sandwiches with caviar, scones with fig jam and meringue desserts along with raspberry marshmallows. There are steaming pots of berry tea and vodka cocktails, all in printed cutlery with words such as 'Dreams' or 'Ghost'

See what I mean when I say not run of the mill?






Also, another thing to mention...the loos are giant neon eggs. Yes, you read that correctly. If the decor didn't throw you already, when it's time to excuse yourself, the bathrooms are basically what I imagine space to be like. There are giant neon eggs which you clamber into and once insider, animal noises play, along with facts about animals. This is the ultimate truth.

Here's me enjoying facts about bullfrogs, whilst enjoying the facilities.

                          

(Note...I wasn't actually peeing at this point)

And here they are from the outside.



As far as birthdays goes, this afternoon rounded off my 21st nicely. Who said birthdays had to be one colour?

sketch.com - 9 Conduit Street, London W1S 2XG

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design by The Blog Store