Sunday 19 April 2015

Afternoon Tea at Le Bouchon Brasserie



'What's the occassion for this afternoon tea then?'

Dear mother, you must know by now that one never needs an excuse to have afternoon tea. So with no excuse needed, we kept it local and took to a hotel to consume cake and tea.

I live in Essex and the thought of braving the tube on a Saturday afternoon in the muggy heat, didn't seem that appealing. So when I saw this on Buzzfeed, not that I knew there were many places to go in Essex, I decided to take my mum out for tea.

Le Bouchon is a brasserie & hotel located in Maldon, Essex and although smal, it has a dining area, cocktail bar and obviously is a hotel. First impressions were good. It's a very intimate but modern hotel, with a great dining area and a sprawling cocktail bar. Staff were friendly on arrival and more than helpful and we were immediately seated for our tea.

The tea priced at £21.95 on a Saturday includes a glass of champagne and a cocktail list is provided with your tea, because naturally why question alcohol. Tea and coffee is offered and then comes the cake.



The tiers included savouries and sweets with prawn & cucumber sandwiches as well as cheese & chive scones. The sweets include fruit scones with jam and cream, as well as mini Eton-Mess, macarons, peaches & cream cupcakes and chocolate brownies adorned with raspberries.




As I don't drink tea, I went for a cocktail. It was well needed after I'd had a very heavy night before, so  Cosmopolitans were in order.



What I liked most about this tea is the quality of the food provided, it was all extremely fresh, as well as the drinks provided. For this price, it really is a treat. The service is stellar and the atmosphere is extremely welcoming.

Of course the location is ideal for people, like myself, who live in the county, but if in passing or fancying something different, this really is a lovely brasserie & hotel to dine at. I'm definitely thinking about staying here in the future, and thats solely down to just spending a few hours there. I wouldn't think twice about recommending this to my friends.



Till Next Time,
Ellie



1 comment

  1. This looks lovely. I love those plates!

    Mike
    www.thebeardbedbakery.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by The Blog Store