Sunday 22 February 2015

A Week In Pictures

A positive and hard working week; here goes:

1. Eating healthy. Do you ever type that into google a lot of the times and try to find amended recipes of your favourite foods, but you know, healthier? I tried doing that but to be honest I'm far happier just adding a little less salt and just switching a few ingredients. I just cut out the holy god, Butter, and added a few more green things in and I've lost another 6lbs this week. Feeling quite proud...and craving cake, so not much has changed.

2. Our father who art in heaven, Barbra be thy name. I have an unholy obsession with one 'Queen B'. I received this coffee table book for Christmas and have only just finished it. I have a couple of Barbra books, but this one is called 'Streisand: In The Camera Eye' and in the camera eye she is. I look beyond her infamous nose and see her true beauty, which is on every single page.

3.  I have macaron fever. I was browsing through some old pictures and found this one from my first macaron making class. These ones are strawberry with strawberry jam buttercream. The infamous story goes, I attented my first ever class here, alone, and it turns out it was a valentines day themed class  and of course, everybody was a couple. Everybody except me. You couldn't make this stuff up.

4. I had quite a good surprise this week when I popped on a dress that was quite tight last year and found it just slipped on this week. This proved to me this whole 'cutting down' thing was working. Sure it was no bodycon/bandage dress, but it was bright and bold and made me feel great for wearing it. Even better, it was a find from Primark!

5. This week I was really trying to look for new music so I could keep up with the kids but as expected, I was drawn back to my roots for my love of Motown, Soul and Jazz music. I found this Marvin Gaye vinyl on ebay this week and it was an absolute steal. I love this album, the ranges of songs are amazing and it features the infamous track, What's Going On.

6. I've got a new found love for Caitlin Moran. I found this book a couple of days ago and I'm already halfway through. It's brilliant and honestly funny, it's embarrissingly forward and painstakingly relatable. Moran has no qualms and states whatever she thinks and says it how it should be said.

1 comment

  1. Love that dress :) Funny thing...something similar happened to me the last time I went to a baking class too. it was full of groups of people on work outings and me, by myself ^_^
    I have the Caitlin Moran book too. Small world.
    Gill ¦ EyelinerFlicks xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by The Blog Store